For decades we’ve been aware that the pace of change is increasing. In the past few years, however, there’s another dynamic that is making organizational life especially difficult: turbulence. Put those two together – constant and increasing pace of change + turbulence, and the results can be daunting. Here are some examples:
- Frequent (and often sudden) changes among senior leaders
- Ongoing budget challenges, possibility of severe budget cuts
- Wage freezes
- Constantly changing high priorities
- New vision statements that go nowhere
- New leaders who think re-orgs will solve all problems
- Several high-stakes challenges, at the same time
- Sudden demands with impossible time frames
- Buy-outs, large numbers of experienced people leaving
- An angry public looking for someone to blame
This workshop helps individuals and staff teams address these and similar problems, by building up their resilience. Resilience, simply put, is our ability to bounce back after a major challenge.
What you’ll leave with:
- Awareness of the impact that turbulence has on us (physically, mentally, emotionally)
- Some common, dysfunctional ways that some people deal with turbulence
- The nature of “learned helplessness” – why it develops, why it’s so damaging
- A self assessment on your individual resilience
- Examples of resilient individuals and teams/organizations
- Strategies for increasing resilience: your own, your team’s
- Methods for reaching people whose low energy and negativity are affecting others in the workplace
Length: 1 Day.
Cost for this workshop: $3,000, plus expenses
NOTE: Workshops are customized for each client, and are offered at a location and on a date suitable for the client.
Who should attend: The workshop is designed for middle- and senior managers, and their staff teams.
You can also call: (434) 242-8586
Other Workshops Offered: